Saturday, September 19, 2009

This was a GOOD shopping day!

If you know me, you know 2 things:

1) I hate to shop.

When I do, i'm desperate. And then I buy in bulk so I don't have to go back. It is a gene that goes into remission and then pops up maybe once or twice a year.

I blame it on the fact that I work in retail operations, specifically merchandising and inventory. I make sure all those boxes get to all those stores across the country and that all those endcaps get all that fancy signage posted by the right dates and in the right spot. I go into Best Buy, Walmart, any other big box retailer so much to check on things that i HATE going in there at any other time - I'm up at 4am with the rest of the crazies on Black Friday - not to shop - god no -but to make sure that our sales systems are working and that all those boxes made it in time for that madness.

2) I hate to spend money.

This thankfully works with number 1.
But let me clarify. I am terrified of not having a safety net. I'm scared to death that one day i'll wake up to find my identity stolen and my checking account cleaned out. Probably because that nearly happened once.
Someone stole my mail out of my car which was parked in the driveway of my first house and got my bank statement. Made an ID with my name and their picture and cleaned me out in 2 hours. Thankfully, the bank replaced all the money stolen out of my account but that fear - it stays with me all the time. It's probably why i go behind Vance and pick up what he leaves in plain site in the car, like his cell phone, or mail or whatever. It's paranoya OCD.

So..this is what makes today SO freakin great. I went to Goodwill to hunt for a silver platter to chalkboard paint - like my post a few weeks back from Bless Our Nest blog. They had a few, but they weren't in great condition and the silver plate was peeling off of most so i passed - but as i was walking out the door, i saw this:

Isn't that the sweetest dress EVAH??? The best part? It was BRANK SPANKIN' NEW WITH TAGS STILL ON. I got it for $9.99! Cashier had to go and tear the price tag so i can't even brag on the price in the pic - but take my word for it!


And these?




They were $8.00!!!!!! These were from Plato's closet - the re-sale shop down the lane!


And can you tell that THEY HAVEN'T BEEN WORN EITHER?? Oh.my.goodness.

AN ENTIRE OUTFIT FOR UNDER $20!!! I am one very happy girl tonight!

1 comment:

Rose - Watching Waves said...

I am so with you as far as shopping. I was a retail district sales manager and lived in the malls for over 8 years, from dawn til late at night; even slept in a store one 4th of July when there was a gate malfunction. Hate to spend money, too. (Thank goodness, since savings have gotten me through six months of unemployment so far.)

I'm also a little uncomfortable wearing others' used clothing. (Same reason I won't go to the gym.) But to find a great outfit - dress AND shoes! - for under $20 and UNWORN - girl, you hit the jackpot!