Thursday, April 9, 2009

The Beach, The Subway and a MEME.

You know you're too tired to write when you have a treasure trove of stories from book-ending spring break with a 3 day trip to the beach and a 4 day trip to NYC and you just shelve them all until the urge comes back - but in the mean time I will leave you with 2 things:

A soundbite from sidewalk in NYC and a MEME!

"Paul is flatulent, Paul has been flatulating all around me this morning. I had to leave the apartment to get away from all of that flatulence."

Now, put those words in a bubble above a woman's head that resembled Marie from Everybody Loves Raymond, only with jet black hair and with a very heavy bronx accent. The teenagers repeated that for the rest of the trip. And that was on day 2. It was a long trip.

So many more stories to tell....but right now, i have a MEME to respond to from WildChild's mom over at The Brock's Rock....

8 Things I Am looking Forward to:

1. My house selling - we have outgrown this sucker.
2. Wearing some of the clothes i picked up in New York
3. Spending the weekend nesting...I missed being HOME.
4. Getting my oldest's son's FCAT scores back and hearing "HE PASSED". (for those of you that have followed me a while, you know we have struggled and prayed and cried for this).
5. Having some serious alone time with my guy.
6. SUMMER - what the heck is with this weather - I'm sorry, but 70 is cold for April in Florida!
7. Hunting Easter Eggs with my kids on Sunday in my grandma's huge yard that has all these sprawling Live Oaks throughout...it is the epitome of a grand old southern lawn.
8. Getting through some of these projects for work...ugh.


8 Things I Did Yesterday:
1. Went to NYU. Bought an adorable NYU baseball cap that Vance promptly claimed. GRRR.
2. Walked further into Greenwich and shopped a gazillion vintage clothing stores looking for some really worn cowboy boots in my size.
3. Bought a chess set for my son at this funky little chess shop in the east village.
4. Ate mexican for lunch.
5. Took the subway uptown to show the girls Madison Ave, Park Ave and how really different life is from one subway stop to the other.
6. Flew home and read my Southern Living on the plane.
7. Stole looks across the aisle at Vance thinking how much i need some alone time with him.
8. Watched Life - a show that continues to suck me in.


8 Things I Wish I Could Do:
1. Get massages every day. I would be SO much more productive if i wasn't tied up in this knot.
2. Eat whatever i want and be a size 4.
3. Work for myself running my own online nesting magazine.
4. Have time to take piano lessons again and really study at it.
5. Keep my emotions in check with specific regard to losing my patience.
6. Go without getting tired in the middle of the day.
7. Really like working out. I hate it. I do it but I hate it. It sucks. The only time I have ever enjoyed exercise was cheering. And it's not pretty watching a 30-something, almost 40 something waive her pompoms.
8. Spend more time on charity work. I swear if i won the lottery the second thing i would do is donate the time i would have spent in a normal work week working for Habitat (not to mention the cash grab i would send their way) - the first thing would be to take a HUGE vacation.


8 Shows I Watch:
1. The Tudors
2. Entourage
3. The Practice
4. True Blood
5. Real Housewives of New York
6. New Adventures of Old Christine
7. Celebrity Apprentice
8. Mad Men

God, who to tag....let's see...

Carolyn at Carolyn...Online
Amy at Milkbreath and Margaritas
The Queen over at The Queen of Shake Shake
Layla over at the Lettered Cottage
Licha at America's Next Top Mommy

1 comment:

Rose - Watching Waves said...

"Paul is flatulent" - ho ho ho!

I hope you had fun on your trips and hunting Easter eggs at Grandma's. I'm totally with you on 1, 2, 7 and 8 of things you wish you could do.

Here's hoping you get some serious alone time with your man.